Want to join us?
TripleOKLaw LLP is a great place to work. When hiring we look for above-average professionals, with excellent academic credentials, great people skills, integrity and unmatched drive. If you think you have what it takes then please check below and click on one of the current opportunities at our firm. If no suitable openings are indicated you may still fill in your information in the form below and we will keep it on file in case a suitable position does become available. You might also like to watch the video to understand “What We Look for in Our People.”
JOIN THE TEAM
DEPARTMENT: DEBT RECOVERIES
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF DEBT RECOVERIES
Responsible for collecting debts on behalf of clients. Ensuring that the firm’s client’s debts are collected within the agreed timelines. Meeting monthly debt collection targets and providing timely debtors related information such as collection position per client and other required statements.
Key Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Debt collection on behalf of financial and commercial institutions, through calling customers, sending emails and SMSs and negotiating on settlement or repayment plan. It also includes locating and making scheduled visits in order to negotiate for payment
- Advise customer on ways of clearing their debts while sensitizing them on the importance of paying their debts and the consequences of non-payment.
- Record information about customers’ financial status and collection efforts’ status by updating the call outcome with debtors.
- Manage personal portfolio, ensuring all clients are given the necessary attention and agreed collections volumes are met.
- Assist in resolving disputes between customers and clients.
- Initiate the clearance process on cleared debts once you receive payment proof and have the same posted by the accountants.
- Creating clients’ files and debtors on the firm’s IT systems and maintaining data integrity and keeping customer details confidential.
- Attend to walk-in customers as well as respond to customers queries within the stipulated time.
- Preparation of daily and monthly progress reports on accounts held as required by the client.
- Ensure compliance with the full collections processes, controls, policies, and procedures.
- Live up to the corporate values of the firm. This includes observing business reporting hours including working Saturdays/Sundays, taking care of Business facilities and ensure they are always in good condition. These facilities include headsets, computers, desk phones, furniture, mobile phones etc.
- Attend and contribute to the team’s strategy meetings with an aim of increasing collections efficiency.
Qualifications for the Debt Collector Job
− Degree in relevant field with minimum 2 years of experience in debt collection, or a diploma in a relevant field, with minimum 3 years’ experience in debt collection,
− Computer literacy MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint e.t.c,
− Excellent Knowledge of working with Customer Support and or Customer Information Systems,
− Strong Analytical & Negotiation Skills, Good Problem-Solving skills,
− Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills,
− Fluency in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili is a must,
− General support to Clients; and all the other departments within the firm.
− High motivation
− Strong commercial awareness.
− Ability to adapt to changing environment.
− Process discipline,
− Creativity and innovation,
− Business know-how
− Ability to follow SOPs
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications to send their applications to email@example.com by 5th March 2021